Sunday, September 21, 2008

Skylers big day!

I will never forget September 20, 2006. I went to work that morning 9 months pregnant. Nothing seemed to be out of the unusal. I did have a contraction taking Jaxon to the day care that morning, but didn't think anything of it. I got to work, I was the charge nurse that day, and by the time my wonderful friend Amy Mu got done with report I couldn't even see straight I was in so much pain...contractions every 2 minutes. After much debate between me and all my CPCU pals that morning I went over to Labor and delivery to be checked, get some morphine and return to work, because we were short nurses that day. Well that was about 8:00 am and my princess was born at 11:00am. Needless to say I did not return to work that day.
The last 2 years have went by so quickly. I can't even remember when she was this little. She has been such a joy to our family. She my little princess, the apple of her daddy's eye and her brothers bestest friend.

Sky at 3 weeks old:


So over the past few years we have laugh, cried, stayed up late and changed 100's of diapers but she is worth every sleepless night, every tear and every last penny spent on diapers!!!

 
Posted by Picasa


So we also had a party for Sky on Saturday with the fam. Grandma's, grandpa's, aunts, uncles, cousins, mom, dad and brother. It was a lot of fun. We weren't sure she would even understand what was going on or if she would get that today was her day. But she did, she ate it up it was so fun and she was so cute. She would sing "happy birthday to Sky, cha cha cha" (her brother taught her that).




A girl after my own heart...


Presents!!!


Princess:



this was her favorite present a new baby with a binki:


A star is born:



And of course a cake:


We had a lot of fun and so did Sky. Happy birthday princess!!!

6 comments:

DTanner said...

Happy Birthday Skyler! We love you!

MARCY said...

hey there Betty Crocker that cake is darling you will have to help me with jades. that is so dang cute. I am glad that she had a great birthday!!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday to Skyler!! This was such a cute little tribute- it's crazy how time has flown...she is so a little GIRL now. I love that cake too- your kids have one charmed life! They are so lucky to have a Mother like you-

Anonymous said...

Joni, I havent been blogging much lately but your blog updates are soooo cute! Sky is the cutest little thing! Happy birthday to her! Cant believe shes so big! Anywho, miss and love ya.

Bart Thompson said...

What a funny story of when you had Skyler! That is one I will never forget and I hope that is doesn't happen to me.

Michelle said...

I won't ever forget that day either...having to pretty much force you to go. I can't believe how much she looks like Jaxon. What a darling little girl. And you did an awesome job on that cake!