Sunday, September 21, 2008

CRAZY Hair Day for Jaxon!!!

On Friday the 19th it was crazy hair day at school for Jax. The school sent home a note that reminded the parents of crazy hair day and also reminded us of the rules which were... no mohawks, no color we must abide by the dress code. Well my first thought was... Jaxon already had crazy muffy hair now, how on earth we will ever get it crazier???

Exhibit A:

So I called the hair dresser of the fam, Ryans mom, granny Sue. She thought maybe we could put little pony tails all over his head and braid them. But I thought, no Ryan would have a fit about the ponies. So what we came up with was, Thursday night we would go to her shop and have her roll his hair in little perm rods, sleep on them and the next morning comb it out and he would have an afro. Brillant!! Now we had to get Jax on board. He was totally all about the afro, but sleeping with perm rods he wasn't to sure about, but he agreed and I gave him tylenol before going to bed to help him sleep. The next morning when he woke up, I prayed that it work because he would have a fit if he had to sleep with curlers in his head for nothing. So we took the rods out and...




It worked.
We combed it out, ratted it a little and hairsprayed it a little and TADA...
An AFRO.

 
Posted by Picasa


He went into show Ryan and he said WOW!!! After I dropped him off at school and came home I asked Ryan "so what did you think of his hair?" And his response was "well it one way to get his a#$^" kicked" LOL LOL LOL
We laughed so hard. He had a great day. He was worried that when he got to school that the "biggness" would go away, I reassured him, No way no how, his hair do was that way to stay until he washed it and sure enough, when I picked him up from school that afternoon...BIG CRAZY HAIR!!!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Oh my goodness- it sounds like you have just as much fun with his hair as with Skylers! That is awesome. He looks exited for it- so cool.

David and Shannon said...

Hi Joni! I love your blog... I found it through Kim. These pics cracked me up. Hope your doing well:)

jennie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen!! HILARIOUS.